Sunday, April 13, 2008

From "Full House" to "Empty Nest"

This past week it was a full house at Casa de DeFranco. Chant (Matt) needed a place to stay for a week before he was able to move back into Ed's place. And I was dog sitting Daisy, the Bulldog. It was really great to have so much "life" in the house with me.

Alas, though, today I came home from work to find it empty again. Matt moved into Ed's today and Daisy's parents came home from Hawaii. It's such a double-edged sword. As much as I appreciate the luxury of being able to live on my own, I have to say how MUCH I love having all the extra energy around me. It reminded me of how much I liked it when Matt lived here for 2 months back in Nov-Jan, when Shannon stayed with me for about 4 weeks, and when Jason lived here for 8 months. Having someone to bullshit with... eat with...watch and laugh at TV together... It makes me appreciate what great friends I have and that we can come together and share space, have a great time, to only strengthen the friendship.

It was also awesome to have a doggie around too. I brought her to work with me everyday and that reminded me a lot of what I love about having a dog. A little pal that hangs around with you. I'm not ready to try parenthood again... I still enjoy the freedom of NOT having a pet. But it was nice to have that experience again, even just for a spell.

Between having Chant and Daisy around, I guess it made me feel the difference between a house and home. I mean... just look at these faces?

Oh - Daisy is the one on the right...the one with the small nose.

3 comments:

Dave D said...

Wow... I'm a bitch...I'm a sweetie. I'm quite the paradox, wrapped in a conondrum, sauteed in an enigma, deep-fried in an anomaly. Ooh... I'm the new Rex Wrap at Taco Time. MUAH!!!!

Wilma said...

Hold the SOUR cream please!

;-)

Anonymous said...

I'd kiss either one, especially the cute doggie!!

Peter