Monday, October 20, 2008

Klever K-9

I've always been amazed at what we're able to train dogs to do. They have an amazing capacity to learn and adapt considering they ARE a completely different species that lives among us. I think we rarely acknowledge how smart these beings really are. I mean...let's face it...they're able to learn human language...but we still can't understand theirs. But beyond what they can learn... they still possess a huge amount of innate problem-solving skills even though they've been so domesticated and fairly dependent.

I think what makes this clip so impressive is the truly remarkable amount of information-processing this pooch is exhibiting. No training. No lessons. No bait. Just pure will, determination, cleverness, and skill.

Maybe this Beagle should be on McCain's ticket instead. I mean...really...couldn't hurt. Actually - it might help him too much... let's keep Caribou Barbie in place since she obviously isn't exhibiting an equal intellect.

And, for you cat lovers out there...I know all the same applies to cats too... but...well... they're cats and frankly I just don't care as much about them cuz...well...they're not dogs. Woof!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he didn't go back and let his buddies out. Sheesh! By the way, who in the hell keeps there (cute) dogs in a cage like that? Horrible.