Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Super bonus points for doing something new

Last night, Andy asked me to go see a singer, Jay Brannan, that I'd never heard of at a club I've never been to. Two new things in one night! The best part was that I really liked Jay a great deal. Great live singer. A bit emo but I really appreciated every song. So much so that I bought the CD and listened to it the entire way to work. He's like the gay lovechild from the Jason Mraz/James Taylor/Ani DiFranco triad.

The venue, Bottom of the Hill (Potrero), was a real cool space as well. Ran into a handful of "the gay" that we knew and hung out with them. Although I received 100 points for seeing someone I've never heard of, and an additional 50 points for leaving The Castro... I incurred at 25 point demerit for only talking to people I already knew. Baby steps.

3 comments:

GabrielZ said...

I am so proud of you. Our little Davey *finally* figured out how to do something new.

What'll be next? You'll eat Italian food at a restaurant? Go somewhere they don't speak English? Ask for a raise? :)

Kiss!

-G

Dave D said...

hmmm... that is sarcasm deep-fried in honesty and sprinkled with judgement. So tasty!

Unknown said...

I think I saw him sing the Star-Spangled Banner once...