Tuesday, December 30, 2008

iReally can't believe it

So... I lost my new iPhone on Friday night. Yes. Lost. I was at Marcello's having a slice and it must have slipped out of my hoodie pocket. It wasn't more than 5 minutes after I lost it that I realized it and scurried back to Marcello's. No luck. Gone.

So I started sending text messages to my iPhone hoping that someone would read it and return it. It is Xmas, right? Season of good will? Kindness to strangers?

So at 8am the next day, no phone calls so I was at Best Buy purchasing my THIRD iPhone. Ugh. We were driving to Palm Springs and I didn't want to be away without a phone. So I dropped another $450 (had to get the $30 rubber case).

Well, at about 11am, while driving down Highway 5, Wilma's phone rings and it's someone from Marcello's Pizza. My iPhone was returned. How AWESOME. So now I'm off to Best Buy to return the new one. I have to pay a $40 restocking fee, but hey...I'll just consider it a rental fee for using this new iPhone for 3 days.

Lesson for everyone... there still ARE nice people out there. Pay it forward. Do something nice for someone. Happy Holidays.

2 comments:

Eric A said...

Oh Yay! happy ending!!! Glad you didn't have to sink another 500$

Anonymous said...

I know! Email Apple and ask them why they don't permit AT&T to offer replacement plans, as are available on just about every other phone. Apple greed!

Glad you got your phone back!