Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Awaiting the return of the great American sitcom

As a TV kid, I hold a dear place in my heart for the sitcom. As a kid in the 70s, a teen in the 80s and a young adult in the 90s, I've seen and embraced my share of TV sitcoms.

I keep hopes alive that great, new sitcoms will come back to "Must-see TV". But with the intro of fewer and fewer sitcoms, and the expanding popularity of reality and variety shows, I fear the days of must-see TV may be gone.

Or maybe, like a life-long friend, our relationship with the sitcom has simply been put on the back burner - making room to try new things. Yet deep in our hearts we know this old friend will always be there for us when times get tough. And we can always revitalize the relationship and lose ourselves for 22 minutes in a place where everybody knows your name. Cheers.

No comments: