Tuesday, December 4, 2007

What makes me cry

I find that as I'm getting older, I've become a super softy to tears of joy, empathy, love, and triumph. I've really come to embrace how emotionally rewarding crying is - elevating it almost to the same level as laughing.

I now seek to watch, hear, and share things that move me...move me to tears. It makes me feel human and real. Believe it or not, it actually makes me happy.

I cried at the trailer for "March of the Penguins" when the baby penguin shimmies to the right to stand next to its parent. I cry every time watching Extreme Makerover: Home Edition after they say "MOVE THAT BUS". I cried when Hilda realized that Santos was dead on Ugly Betty. I cried when I heard Paul Potts sing opera on the British talent show. I cried when Melinda Doolittle received her standing ovation the first night out on the big stage after singing "Home" on American Idol. I cried when I told my dearest friend Wilma that he was "My purple".

And I cried when I watched this clip this morning.

There - I've said it. I like to cry. And it makes me happy.


2 comments:

GabrielZ said...

I love this posting for its triumphant realism. Also for omitting some of the other things that make you cry (joy/pain). I can draw up a quick list of 3-5 right here, but I think they're NSFW. :)

Matt G said...

I think it's cute how people have emotions.