Thursday, March 6, 2008

Hoping to turn that frown, upside down

Well - the doctor insisted. I tried to ward off taking the prescription for high blood pressure but he said that it was against his medical advice. And if I didn't take the meds, he would add in my file that he strongly advised and I ignored his advice... he got all "Hold my baby!" with me. Which I appreciate, actually.

So about 1 hour ago I took my first high blood pressure pill. I insisted that after 6 months and proven weight loss, if we could try and wean me off to see if I can maintain it naturally. He said fine. He stressed to me that even thin people have high blood pressure - and it's not always due to weight. But he's willing to work with me if I prove results.

So - I'm a sad camper today. I feel like a fat old man. It doesn't feel good to feel this way. I rarely get down about things. Really... rarely. I've been lucky to be a pretty upbeat guy about 99.9% of the time. Don't know why this is such a big damn deal for me. But I'd be lying if I said it wasn't. It'll pass. I'll forget about it in a few days.

I think I need to play some Rock Band to pick up my spirits. Singing "Long Time" by Boston always puts a smile on my face. Or Chant and I will have to go the mall and do DDR with the other 12-yr olds - or come over and we'll sing "What is Love" and do our silly drug-sniffing, mosh-pit dance moves a la SNL. That'll make me feel like a kid again.

But for right now, that emoticon says it all.

No comments: