Saturday, March 22, 2008

I've solved MUNI's poor ridership issue

MUNI is constantly talking about "how can we encourage more people to take the bus?" Well, I think I've solved this big mystery. GET RID OF THESE ADS!

This is the copy of an actual MUNI ad posted in an actual MUNI bus. Gee... I wonder why people don't want to take the bus. Read:

One time I picked up a man who was kind of strange. This was early, like 4am. He rang the bell like he wanted to get off, but he wouldn't get off. So we go to the next stop and he does it again. The he says "Close the door!" I said "I have to let people get on." The he starts shouting, "Go! Go!" I said, "No! It's a red light." Then he puts his foot on the gas pedal! And I'm like - Oh My God! I'm fighting with him trying to kick his foot off. Another passenger comes running to the front and he was able to put him off the bus. It was something. - going through red lights - we were lucky it was so early in the morning.
- Vawanda, MUNI Operator since 1989

WTF?

Here is a photo of the ad, if you don't believe me.




1 comment:

Matt G said...

WTF!? Most ads that I've seen before talked about a heart warming experience, how they helped a person in a wheelchair or something. THIS is totally fucked up. An interesting story? Sure, but told over drinks somewhere NOT on a bus lol. Wow.