Monday, March 24, 2008

Sometimes it takes so little - yet means so much

In my blog entry dated Feb 28th, I told a story of a woman that was speaking passionately about the issue of Misogyny and how it's still strong in America. Well, just the other morning while I was at the gym, I saw that woman working out. So I decided to meet her.

I approached her and politely apologized for interrupting her workout but that I wanted to share with her that one day in the doctor's office, she touched me so profoundly that I wrote about her in my blog.

She was so touched that she pressed her fingertips to her lips and then against her heart. She then put her hands together (in prayer formation) and put her hands to her mouth and did a quick bow to thank me. She then grabbed my hand between both of hers and thanked me so genuinely.

Later that same afternoon I was back at the doctor's office and I ran into her again. She reached out both hands and put them on my shoulders and said a hearty "Well Hello!"

After this neat experience, it reinforced my belief that we need to go out on a limb more often and tell people how they touch our lives. Wouldn't you want to hear that? I would. So glad I took the 3 minutes to talk to her. Such little effort for such a huge return.

No comments: