Sunday, March 16, 2008

No longer a Virgin

I went to LA this weekend with Jim and Matthew to visit Wilma and Andrew. We flew Virgin America. What a sexy flying experience that was. The planes are chic, back-lit in pink and purple, with black pleather seats wrapped in glossy white laminate. Felt like we were on a spaceship. I loved it. And it was tons of fun playing their touch screen inflight entertainment system. I played video Mahjong the entire time there and back. It was so fun, I want to now try and play the real Mahjong tile game now - god I'm getting old.

So the screens are touch-based and I was tapping hard on the screen which is built into the back of the headrest of the seat in front of me. Well, I was unaware of how hard i was tapping the screen and the lady sitting in front of me turned her head around and looked Matthew who was sitting next to me. Matthew then advised me that I should be gentler cuz I was moving her seat. So I apologized profusely and the lady and I had a laugh about it and she was very sweet.

So, this has never happened to me before, but when I got on the return flight tonight, the SAME LADY sat in front of me again. As she was getting into seat, she looked at me and said "Oh no, not you again!" And then we had a nice laugh. But really - what are the odds of sitting behind the same person?

I hope I can fly Virgin America more and more. What an awesome flying experience. Our outbound flight was delayed so they brought out a nerf basketball hoop and ball while we were at the gate, and were giving away free drink passes if you made a basket. Very friendly and personal. The inflight staff were sassy and sweet. I was a VA virgin. No longer. I've tasted the forbidden fruit. And I liked it.

2 comments:

Wilma said...

Great! I'll put you on the frequent flyer program and get you down here once a month then....wink, wink! LOL!

Had a blast with you boys. Love you. - Wilma

GabrielZ said...

Two words that rarely co-exist: Davey and Virgin.

Separately, do you really care that much about in-seat games when you have an iphone? :) Isn't it *everything* you need in order to feel happy and connected to the world? I know, the only application missing from the iPhone is the "iGloryHole"....or perhaps the "iGH finder" that works by gesturing the phone one way or the other. :) But I digress...

-G