Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sad AND happy... but mostly sad

I'm a tossed salad of emotions this week. Chant got a job in Santa Monica and moves tomorrow. Boo. We've become super close friends over the last 6 months and although I'm SO excited that he found a job that is exactly what he's been looking for - I'm SO sad that he's moving away.

I have to admit that I'm more sad than happy. Sounds selfish - but it's the truth. Having a hard time to be happy for him when I'm sad about yet ANOTHER close friend moving away. It will all be fine and dandy soon enough. But for right now I'm staring at a huge plate full of sad... with a sidedish of happy.

We had a going away party for him last night. About 25 people came and we all had a super fun time. We interrupted the party to give him a group going-away gift and some people said some nice words. I couldn't say anything because I knew if I tried I would start blubbering... like I did at Jason's going away party. The group was laughing and having fun so I didn't want to bring the house down - so I just kept my mouth shut. Very unlike me... but the right decision at the moment.

Chant, I'm going to miss you terribly! But I hope everything is amazing for you in LA.

- Sad Rex

3 comments:

Eric A said...

We can sit at home, watch Steel Magnolias, and eat ice cream together to heal the pain Rex! Boom is sad too!

Jason said...

Sad Pooh. Boo misses you. Have you even noticed that I have hopped on the blog train as well?

Matt G said...

In case you didn't it www.sexymoneymaker.blogspot.com ;)

Don't be sad! It's only an hour flight... GOSH