Thursday, June 12, 2008

Uncle Dave Duty...hehe...I said Duty

This is me and Archie at my office. The coolest part about dog sitting for me is that my work is dog-friendly... so I get to bring them to work with me. Which is great since leaving them at home isn't a great option cuz of how long they'd be left alone (probably 10-11 hours).


He's been sleeping right next to me every night and he's been a complete joy to have around. I should rename him Shadow because I can't make a move without him following along. I'll have Archie until June 23rd so I'm sure I'll have more pics to share.

If you're wondering what kind of dog he is - he's a Border Terrier. Not a mutt, as most assume.
Every time I dog sit, it makes me both miss having a dog - and NOT miss having a dog. The companionship is awesome. But you don't realize the freedom you become acustomed to when you don't have a dog - and I like that freedom for now. So until life settles - I'll stick to Uncle Duty... I can get my doggie-fix and then hand them back.

2 comments:

Wilma said...

So cute! You didn't tell me Andrew was calling him Scrappy too. What a coincidence....that's what I named him.

Anonymous said...

cute little hairy thing...i like the dog too.

Peter