Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 4: Talons, Claws, and Spurs

Wednesday's activities started late in the day. We cooked an amazing breakfast and enjoyed it out on the patio. After, which, I took a nap. So good. I NEVER nap. So it was a treat.

I awoke to find that another one of our new found friends, Andy, stopped by for a visit. He’s from Long Island and A TOTAL sweetie. We adore Andy. So Gabe and I had a nice visit. He’s another one of our MVNFs (most valuable new friends). That’s the best part of these kind of trips – meeting great new people.

Andy


We then saw the Jackie Beat show - she's my favorite drag queen. Unfortunately, we saw an early show (5pm) and it was poorly attended. But she was still great, dirty, and irreverent (as all good drag queens should be). She goes for the throat and I love how she berates people in the audience. She's like the demon spawn from a menage a trois with Don Rickles, Totie Fields, and
Max Factor.

While waiting for the Jackie Beat show to start, I stopped into a local sunglass store - always on the hunt to discover new crazy glasses for Chant to resurrect his Faggotron character. I think these just might be too gay... thoughts?

We popped over to the tea dance for a spell before going to dinner. It was PACKED (take a look). I think these tea dances are my favorite thing. Everyone comes to the Boatslip and hangs out on the deck. So much fun.

Tea Dance at Boatslip





















The local fare in town is mostly just OK food, but there is this one place, The Lobster Pot, has the reputation for being one of the better seafood restaurants. Check out the buzzers. So cute. Now, where do you find lobster-shaped buzzers? So, I ordered a seafood pasta that came with lobster meat on it. I asked the waitress if there was a nice amount of lobster on it. She said “Would you like me to put a little extra lobster meat on it for you, dear?” I said, “Oh, that would be nice. Thanks.” The bill comes and my pasta was $40. $27 for the dish, and $13 for 3 more small chunks of lobster meat. Really? $40 for pasta? Geez. It was tasty, have to admit.








Another new friend of ours, Chris (glasses with horizontal striped shirt above), wanted to sing "Welcome to the Jungle" so we headed over to the Karaoke bar so he could sing. We waited and waited and then we lost interest (nice friends, eh?) so a group of us came back to our house, drank beer out in the backyard and chatted about politics n shit. Oh, and on the walk back to the house, I ran into this cute cowboy.

Another great, peaceful, beautiful day in Ptown.

No comments: