Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 7: All good things...

Well – it was inevitable. This awesome vacation would have to end. We had to check out of our house at 10am but some of us weren’t leaving til 4pm, so we…let’s see…what could we do until we had to leave?...how could we possibly spend our final hours? Oh, right! Go sit at The Boatslip and drink Margaritas!

Today was a scorcher! 96 degrees and humid. But we totally scored with 2 tables and 6 chairs under the big tent at The Boatslip. We just sat around and chatted with people around us. Other new friends strolled by for visits – like Andy. He was kayaking and pulled his boat up to the Boatslip’s shore and joined us on the deck for a while. Calvin was there too and we had some good laughs.




















I then headed off to the airport. Now, remember that these planes only hold 8 people. I wanted to be first in line to get to sit up front next to the pilot. Mission Accomplished.

It was pretty cool to get to sit in the front seat. I wasn’t able to touch anything while in flight, but I sure wanted to. What a great way to close the trip.






I’m now at Logan airport in Boston, sitting here thinking back to my TOTALLY amazing vacation. Day after day of fun, friends, and relaxation.

I’m blessed to have met some really spectacular people who I will definitely keep in touch with and look forward to seeing very soon.

It was great to get to know Fernando and Larry, my housemates, and to get to know Chris a lot better. We spent a lot of time together and really got to know each other. I look forward to seeing Fer and Larry when I visit my peeps in LA, and I hope to make it to Madrid to visit Chris.

And it’s always my very special treat to hang out with Gabe, especially at an event like this. He’s a voracious social creature and his ability to swoop people into his circle is amazing to watch – and from which to benefit.

Here’s to Provincetown Bear Week 2009!!!!

1 comment:

GabrielZ said...

Thanks, Davey. You're a lovely human being - inside and out. It was super fun, no? Like a gay cruise...only on land (and with more food opsh). :)