Thursday, August 28, 2008

Give me Liberty or Give me Death

Whenever the weather turns warm in SF, it is quite common to see this handful of men walking up and down Castro Street in nothing more than their birthday suits...and flip-flops.

Now - public nudity isn't my personal cup of tea - but I wholehearted embrace the spirit of a city where these people feel the personal expression and freedom to be who they are without public scorn and ridicule.

I realize it might be shocking to many... but I don't think they're harming anyone. It's just the human body.

So after seeing these guys around a few times I thought it was time to approach them and make nice. Jace was kind enough to snap a shot.

This is just another punctuation point on what an amazing city this is. I can't imagine living anywhere else and I can't express my appreciation and good fortune that I'm able to live here and participate in a community that pushes boundaries and forces discussion.

The day the mindset shifts and drag queens stop coming around and boys stop kissing on the sidewalk...and these guys stop taking an evening stroll "al fresco" is the day I start filling out my "Welcome to Canada" application form.

3 comments:

Eric A said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Why are you soooo sure we'd let you join our canadiania? :)

Dave D said...

Cuz I've taken the entrance exam already and JUST passed by the hair of my chinny chin chin