Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Crazy Day in LA

On my way home from Palm Springs, I drove back through LA so I could visit with Chant, Wilma, and the special guest star, Matress, who was in LA from Atlanta. I didn't want to miss a chance to see him so I rerouted my departure plans and was going to have lunch with them before driving back to SF.










Well... upon arrival, a fresh cocktail was forced into my hand ;-) and the party had started and my plans to leave LA at 5pm were foiled. Instead - the new, less intelligent plan - was for me to stay the day and wake up at 3am to drive directly into work on Monday morning. A plan that ONLY could have been concocted after the first cocktail was gone.










After a few drinks and a quick lunch at Denny's, we all headed down into the LA subway and took off for beer bust at the Faultline. They had the entire parking lot roped off and the bust was happening outside as well as inside. It was super fun. We took off our shirts and enjoyed the warm day among the LA boys.










One of the funnier moments was popping into the leather shop next door where I, in my buzzed state, climbed into the free-standing sling with cocktail in-hand. LOL. She's classy. The scariest part of the entire day was finding out on Tuesday that we had actually gone to McDonald's for dinner and ate Angus Burgers. I have no recollection of this - which is weird cuz I was awake for 4 hours AFTER the meal which I remember completely. I'm calling it momentary memory lapse brought on by sun stroke. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.










Thanks Chant, Wilma, and Matress for making my twelve hours in LA (well...at least the 11 1/2 that I remember) tons of fun!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Denny's? McDonald's?

It sounds like you made roadfood accommodations in Los Angeles. Que Paso, papi? Que paso?

Dave D said...

Blame Matt...

Wilma said...

By the way, Wilma didn't partake in the Denny's or McDonalds.....just the 18 cocktails.

HAHAHA!