Monday, December 8, 2008

Sniffle

I'm blowing the lid on the underground world of male behavior in public bathrooms. I've been in them enough to know that it's not a coincidence. It's a fact. And I'm gonna expose it. Here... in a public forum. It's not Earth-shattering... it's just funny.

Men who are sitting in a stall in a public bathroom will "sniffle" when another man walks into the bathroom as if to say "hey buddy, i'm in here. Don't try to come into this stall AND don't do anything weird cuz you think you're alone...cuz you're NOT."

It's true. I stumbled upon this little ditty a long time ago. And I've been collecting data points EVERY time I enter a bathroom and there's a sole soul in the john.

I think it's fascinating. It's primordial. And it's hilarious. Along with all of the other unspoken law that occurs in the boy's room - this one isn't something that's been discussed. Well, I've never heard guys talk about it.

Give it a try. Listen for the sniff. It's so male...and it's so funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it isn't "hey buddy, I'm in here.... come into my stall?"

Matt G said...

I totally do that!