Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Who's on first?

I just had the strangest phone call. I received a missed call on my cell. It was a 415 number but with no name, and they left no voice message. So I decide to call it back. This was my conversation:

A woman answers, "Hello..."
I say "Hello, this is Dave, I just missed a call from you. May I ask who this is?"
She says, "Well, hello Dave, this is Judy."
I'm like "Hello, Judy. How can I help you?"
She says, "Well, I'm not sure. This is Dave?"
"Yes, Dave DeFranco."
She says, "Is this Dave Solomon?"
I say, "No, Dave DeFranco."
She says "I don't know you."
I say, "Well you just called me."
She says, "No I didn't."
I said, "Well your number came up on my phone just now."
She blurts, "That's impossible. I don't make phone calls."
I say, "Well that's odd, I just got your number on my cell - just now."
She snaps, "I'm a VERY old woman. Why would I be calling anyone?!"
I said, "Well I don't know. That's why I'm calling...to find out."
She says, "This is ridiculous. I don't know how you got my number but I DON'T know who you are and I DON'T call people. I only RECEIVE calls! Thank you and goodbye!"
CLICK

1 comment:

Wilma said...

Wow! I'll tell my grandmother to be nicer next time.