Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Cuisine Corner

Tried 2 new restaurants in the hood this week. Cafe Castro and Frisee. Both locations have had 3 tennants each in them since I've lived in SF - so I felt some sort of neighborhood compulsion to try them both - and do my little part to welcome them to the stro.

Cafe Castro... don't bother. Boring menu (entree's a la Lyon's), horrible ambiance (too bright, nobody there, bad music), and average flavor. I give it 2 months. Hello...and goodbye.

Frisee http://www.friseerestaurant.com/ on the otherhand was super tasty. Nice energy, friendly service, awesome food, nicely presented, healthy fare but nice portions. Big thumbs up. Everything looked good as it was going out of the kitchen - since we were in the loft area and could see it all. I'll definitely be back.

So happy to find new good food choices in the hood. The selections in the stro can often be average at best...so I'm super glad that Frisee is here. C'ya Cafe Castro...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear restaurants in Little Rock are awesome. You should try them.

GabrielZ said...

Actually, Matt - I'd venture that the Little Rockian restaurants are a might bit better than most of the gay ones in SF. And by gay in this case I explicitly do not mean lesbian-run ones. Cuz them girls can cook.