Monday, February 11, 2008

The Beach in February

The weather was SO amzing yesterday that I went to the beach with Jim and Matthew. They are avid kite fliers so we headed out to the beach in SF at Fort Funston. It was SOO amazing out, that I was in shorts and t-shirt walking on the beach in February - and I even got a little color on my face from the sun.

Unfortunately there wasn't enough wind to fly kites, but we enjoyed a nice long stroll up and down the shoreline, watching all the dogs running around. Dogs and the beach are like peanut butter and jelly. They just belong together. Watching a dog run at full steam along the shore is a true gem. They really are in their element. Seeing all the dogs really made me miss having one. One of these days.

Here's to more amazing weather in San Francisco for the rest of the winter and to doggies!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awe, I miss the dog beach weekends I used to have!
D and I talk about getting one again, but then I think about the rainy mornings that you don't want to take the dog out, and the picking up of the droppings, and always having to get someone to watch it when you leave town....
So, I just take my nieghbors dog to the park every now and then to get my fix! :)