Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A house is not a home

It has been such a fun ride having my friends over to the house to play video games. I swear I never thought I'd ever be saying that. My friend Dan, an avid gamer, has been trying for YEARS to get me into playing video games. He's that guy who has every gaming platform, every cool accessory for every cool game available. And when I would visit, he'd try to get me into it...and I just wasn't.

Last night I had the boys over again for a night of playing. I LOVE having people over so often. I realized that it's the difference between a house and a home. I love it when my friends have a key and let themselves in - even if I'm not there. I guess it's the nester in me that likes knowing my friends are comfortable and welcome. I realized that I think I'm more addicted to the comradery and the "us" time more than I like the games. The hanging out, being silly, congratulating each other on doing well, seeing each other get better, and being competitive.

When I'm here by myself it definitely just feels like a house. But when there is laughter, love, and joy...I'm home. And I like it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Uncle Fuzz! You must visit soon because Nick has the next generation of Guitar Hero...Rock Band! He always calls me into the room when he plays Boston's Long Time!

Dave D said...

I will! I'm awesome at the drums!!! And love to sing Long Time!!!