Thursday, April 3, 2008

The honeymoon is over

Well - my Apple experience faultered a bit last night.

First off, my iPhone let me down last night. I was waiting for a client dinner to commence at the Greens Vegetarian restaurant at Fort Mason (tasty non-flesh food, I have to admit) and I thought I'd create my first blog entry from my iPhone. So I go to this site, logged in, wrote the title to the entry ("How awesome, iDid it!") only to find out that iCouldn't. Because of some lame techno-lackofcompatibility the keyboard didn't enable when I tried to get the cursor inside the field that lets me type my blog entry. I was so hoping I'd be able to contribute blog-on-the-go entries. No luck. I guess my iPhone was bound to disappoint me sooner or later.

Then, after dinner I went to the gym and got on the treadmill to find my 1-yr, 3-mo. old iPod Nano wouldn't turn on, and it had that little "Exclamation Point" icon on the dark screen. I tried all the little tricks to get it to reset. No luck. So pissed. I'm sure I can get it to work again...I hope.

Hmmm... well, Apple darling...it was a fantastic honeymoon.

2 comments:

Stephanie Lucas said...

With all the places to go in SF why would your client pick Greens??!? for a business dinner? Have they not heard that like every decent place has plenty of veggie selections? What is this, 1983? ;-)

Mmmm somehow craving ribs wrapped in bacon right now.

Oh: Steve Jobs called, he wants you to know that the iBlog USB plug in device (which doubles as a personal emergency whistle) is coming out as soon as the new iPhone is released.
(heard on NPR this morning that the phones are running out of stock, leading people to believe there's an early release of iPhone 2.0 ahead)

xo

Steph

Matt G said...

sorry to hear your honeymoon is over. as time passes, you'll find out that your developmental tasks will eventually result in a finite relationship and end.

but for good news: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61003